popped into the Open Book closing down sale today (and got an online order in the mail). I could have spent squillions, but I was very disciplined. Among the haul
- "The Child in Christian Thought"
- "When Kumbaya Is not Enought" (I always thought this must be a dreadul book since it has a dreadful title and cover, but its supposedly good)
-" The (Magic) Kingdom of God: Christianity and Global Culture Industries"
- "Screening Scripture: Intertextual Connections between Scripture and Film"
- "Practicing Religion in the Age of the Media"
- "The New Era in Religious Communication" (which i have but its out of print) (darren, do you want it in return for the ikon CD??)
- Malina's "Social Science Commentary on the Synoptic Gospels" (I ordered some others too but they're sold out.
I nearly ordered N.T. Wright's trilogy but I suspect they're sold out too.
And "Helium" by Urban Myth Club arrived from the UK. Having heard both jonny and cheryl mention they'd used bits, I thought I'd track it down. I always appreciate people telling me what music they've been playing in worship.
No Bruce, not you. I'll never play Dolly Parton in worship.