popped into the Open Book closing down sale today (and got an online order in the mail). I could have spent squillions, but I was very disciplined. Among the haul
- "The Child in Christian Thought"
- "When Kumbaya Is not Enought" (I always thought this must be a dreadul book since it has a dreadful title and cover, but its supposedly good)
-" The (Magic) Kingdom of God: Christianity and Global Culture Industries"
- "Screening Scripture: Intertextual Connections between Scripture and Film"
- "Practicing Religion in the Age of the Media"
- "The New Era in Religious Communication" (which i have but its out of print) (darren, do you want it in return for the ikon CD??)
- Malina's "Social Science Commentary on the Synoptic Gospels" (I ordered some others too but they're sold out.
I nearly ordered N.T. Wright's trilogy but I suspect they're sold out too.
And "Helium" by Urban Myth Club arrived from the UK. Having heard both jonny and cheryl mention they'd used bits, I thought I'd track it down. I always appreciate people telling me what music they've been playing in worship.
No Bruce, not you. I'll never play Dolly Parton in worship.
borgman's book is an ugly cover but its a very decent book... very very decent indeed
Posted by: darren | December 08, 2005 at 11:31 PM