i've been tagged by cheryl to tell you five things you probably don't know about me..... (frankly, i thought her list could have been more self-disclosing...)
so here goes.....
1. I spent about six years in the brisbane youth theatre as a very ordinary actor. I got to play a pixie, the Loch Ness monster, a page boy, a dying soldier, and "the Beast" in "Beauty and the Beast"... that last one has a story attached but I'll save it for now... i've since decided that i'm better writing a script or trying to be a director (yes, it's all about the power....)
2. I spent seven years in the scouts' gang show, and annual review of songs and skits. for two years of that I was actually in the dance team, trying to prove in public that while my feet can move quite well, the rest of me tends not to follow suit... i also got to be a leprechaun, an american indian, a lumberjack, an angel, a scotsman (mmm... it all sounds rather monty python, doesnt it?)
3. not surprisingly then, I had 10 years in the scouting movement, as a cub, scout and venturer. i was responsible for getting numerous people lost in the bush, rendering large quantities of camp food inedible, and almost starting a couple of bushfires. but i did get a queen's scout award too, so there! (i also got a thing called the bushman's thong, but I'd rather not go into the details here...)
4. i went caving once at wee jasper near canberra. it was a freaky experience and i've decided since that i definitely have mild claustrohpobia. i get a bit freaked out by confined spaces. on the other hand, i love big caverns with stalactites etc. mmm... what does that say about me and the church...?
5. one of my childhood hobbies was photography. my brother and I would but black plastic and blankets over the bathroom window and doors, rinse photos in the kitchen sink and dry them on the dining room table. our parents were very tolerant (my brother was an art student, so they had to be!). a couple of years ago i almost started up with it again, as there's something very satisfying about actually developing the film and photos yourself. i still have all of the gear out in the shed. there's something about the smell of developer and fixer chemicals that stays with you... i'm still hanging out for a decent digital camera though!
there will that do? at least it wasnt 'five most embarassing moments'.....
i'm now going to tag duncan, darren, andrew, jools, and rob.